Some of the Great Things Happening at Open Mind Centre
Everyone is welcome to stay at Open Mind. You don’t need to be part of our programs or be of any particular faith to stay here and enjoy some quiet time in nature –
we are right on Pai River – mountain views – natural hot springs on site
yoga – cranio-sacral therapy – workshops – meditation retreats – healing retreats
Learn to Meditate
- Meditation Retreats The best way to learn meditation is in retreat in which we simplify our lives so that we can go deeper. Meditation retreats can be any length you like – most popular and recommended – 5 days or 3 days – longer times are also available
- Flexible Dates We have scheduled retreats each month. Also we can usually do retreats at other times – please ask us
- 1/2 day workshops 4 hours
- Individual Sessions Usually 1.5 hours
We aim to help you integrate the benefits of meditation and other healing practices into contemporary lifestyles. We present wisdom teachings in ways that help you engage the world with vitality, purpose & awareness – in all areas of life.
Down-to-Earth Buddhism – Skills For Living – Finding Presence, Authenticity and Path. We use many of Buddha’s ideas and practices as they are just so wonderfully well-tested, practical & useful. You will also find Sufi, Hindu, Christian & Shamanic influences in our workshops & retreats. Many of our methods also include body work & creativity, such as artwork, movement & sound.
Beginners can learn the basics of meditation – mindfulness meditation is a great place to start. Learn a wonderfully useful practice that you can take home with you. People with more experience will find fresh approaches & take their practice to the next level.
Subject to availability as many people, our yoga teachers included, are on the move in Pai – see our calendar for latest details
- 2, 3, 4, 5 & 7 day options available
- Let us put together a program for you
- See our Healing Retreats page
- CranioSacral Therapy
- Individual Healing Sessions – for fuller list see our Healing Sessions Available page
- Life & Path Counselling
- Learning Meditation (individual classes/ sessions)
- More Experienced Meditators – Taking your meditation practice deeper (individual classes/ sessions)
Intermediate and More Advanced Meditation
- Mindfulness • Teachings of the Buddha • Healing Meditations • Mahamudra & Dzogchen • Theravadin, Mahayana & Vajrayana methods • Body work • Tibetan visualization practices • Foundation practices • Wisdom and Compassion teachings & practices • Mandala work (intuitive drawing) • & more
Come and join us –
- Fridays at Open Mind Centre – check the calendar for dates and availability
- Get to meet some of our teachers and healers
- Do some workshops and explorations together
Kirtan / Chanting
Join us on Tuesday evenings at Open Mind Centre. We often have a meditation or yoga class you can come to before the chanting. Check the Calendar for latest dates and availability
Rooms by the River Pai in a quiet environment with nature
You are welcome to stay with us – you do not have to take part in our programs. We are close enough to Pai to drop in to see a friend or a waterfall, just far enough out to be refreshingly quiet in the sounds of nature and a small Thai village.
People come for –
- Some quiet time
- Some healing time
- Your own meditation retreat, yoga retreat, healing time or creative retreat – if you have some practice, study or a project you want make some time for in a quiet, supportive environment
Turning Point Winter-Spring School ~ Healing & Life Skills
Our Winter-Spring School takes place each December to March. In 2016-7 we are offering training for enjoyment and personal growth, as well as professional practitioners in:
- CranioSacral Therapy
- Shamanic Breathwork / Conscious Connected Breathing
- See the calendar for latest Winter-Spring School program
Group Leaders, Healers ~ Would you like to be part of our program by offering or sharing a skill?
Workshops, Sessions, Retreats, Projects –
Yoga Teachers • Creative Movement Teachers • Performers • Workshop leaders • Meditators • Healers • Movers & Shakers • Educators • Builders & Gardeners
– contact us if you would like to share/ offer your skills – we would love to hear from you.
- Short-term volunteer positions not available at the moment
- Senior Volunteers – minimum commitment 2 months
- Our Senior Volunteers usually take on a Volunteer Assistant Manager Role, which includes helping with emails, bookings, publicity, meeting guests, coordinating other volunteers including hands-on work as required.
Please contact us for more information if you are interested.